Sabado, Disyembre 17, 2011

Self Evaluation in My Demonstration

Self Evaluation
            Demonstration is one of the most important things that a teacher should know. It is a very nice experience to have my first demonstration on literature in first year education college students since they are very active and participative in all our activities.
            I really planned on how would I incorporate the topic of “Proofreading” into the literature that I have chosen, and honestly, it took me days on thinking the strategy that I should use. There are so many “haka-haka” in my mind that my demonstration would not be successful since I don’t have a practice on how would I demonstrate it properly. I had finished my UBD Lesson plan and instructional materials during the morning before the time that I’ve demonstrated.
            It is very ridiculous that I forgot to have a prayer, which is the most essential seasoning on a demonstration. Before the demonstration, I told myself not to be nervous so that I could deliver well my lessons and good for me that I also manage it. I’m also lucky enough to be assigned on the first year education students.
In a class, we cannot deny that students has individual differences, and they have intelligences which differ themselves from the other learners. As their teacher, it is really time consuming to think the appropriate activity and strategy to make the learners be participative in all times of our discussions.
            Time management, I have realized that as a teacher, it is very important to have management on time to cater all the proper learning about the lesson to the students. I truly divide the time in every activity or discussions that we have. But unfortunately, my activity is not so easy for them because it really needs time for my students to practice. Because of this, I was not able to give them an evaluation or quiz and even an assignment. I admitted that I have lacked some important things in my demonstration, but I actually I gave my best in my demonstration and to the students.
            Classroom management plays an important role in the life of the teacher. In my case, I have a little bit problems in managing their class because they’re a bit noisy and I also forgot the daily routine that is to discipline them in terms of zero waste management implemented in the campus. It is not the work of a teacher to arrange their chairs and pick up the pieces of papers but it should be in the student’s responsibility.
            Yes, I have my weaknesses in my demonstration, but I am happy that I made the students active in my class. I knew that they have learned something in our discussions, not only in the nice story of “ A Just Judge”, but also in the lesson about “Proofreading”. It is so nice to feel that while in the flow of our discussion, they are able to identify and learn different proofreading symbols and they also learned lessons on the literature that we had. They have shared their insights about the story and have reflected their selves from it.  To incorporate literature and grammar was not easy, I am grateful to have a successful demonstration despite of the problems that I’ve encountered. Anyways, I am still in my journey to become a teacher. Everyday I learn, and I believe that in all my mistakes, that will complete me as a better and effective future teacher someday

1 komento:

  1. Hi. It's a good demonstration. You're confident and you know what you're doing. Keep it up!

    TumugonBurahin